Mt Rainier Summer Engagement Session
When you live in the PNW what is more romantic then the scenic beauty of evergreen trees and the majestic volcano we see towering above us everyday? Well of course not on cloudy days but when it’s out you can’t miss it! Mt Rainier is a symbol of beauty around here and is one of the most beautiful places to have your photos taken to celebrate the moments in your life.
In August we almost always have smoky hazes from fires around here. This session you can see it but it created an alluring effect for this special session. There was a beautiful golden glow everywhere with soft sunrays of light sneaking through trees on this stunning couple.
The best think I love about engagement sessions is how fun it can be. Getting to see a two madly in love and actually having fun during a photo session is the best part of my job. Yes we get some beautiful posed images to make save the date cards or announcements, but we also catch those wild in love moments.
Here are some tips for your best engagement session:
- Relax and have fun! Forcing each other to pose and look at the camera never makes for good photos. Come ready to be yourselves, love on one another and be playful.
- Wear something timeless and classic but that fits your personality. I’m always a huge fan of neutrals but pops of color can be gorgeous. Think about the scenery and try to get something that blends and compliments. I offer styling and have a wardrobe of options for your engagement session
- Pick a location that you really love. Whether it’s a special place you’ve been together before or something that you are drawn to. If you are from another state picking iconic areas are always beautiful to show and send your photos to friends and family.
- Have a great connection with your photographer. It’s so much more then clicking a button. You want a photographer that makes you feel comfortable and that you can laugh and have a good time with.
- Plan ahead for deadlines and weather. Give yourself 1-2 months before you need your photos for printing or making into announcements. Life can always happen and you don’t want to be stressed trying to make a deadline.
Hope these little tips help! Where is your dream engagement session location?